Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Nurse With Wound List: 3

"With the aid of electronic computers the composer becomes a sort of pilot ... sailing in the space of sound, across sonic constellations and galaxies ..."
Iannis Xenakis
I think this rounds out the collection.... Consider this my inaugural post after my temper tantrum. Oh, and by the way.... one thing I am NOT interested in is reposting older posts. Don't ask. I won't respond, and don't plan on reposting. All of the old posts are from a time now past...

Welcome to the future. I am Your future.

Amongs to quirky pop, drippy/dippy psychedelia, and artsy jazz on this - the third volume of The Nurse With Wound List - you will find some true inovation. Beginning with one of my all time favorite records "Geri Reig" by Der Plan. Remember as you listen to the track, it was written in fucking 1979/80!!! The quality is perfection in my ears.

Another jewel is the Iannis Xenakis. Xenakis recording are on par with Ruth White in terms of their revolutionary sound, and on par with John Cage with their sheer madness. Trying to pick out a Xenakis track was nearly impossible. So I chose one that I thought was annoying enough to turn a few of you off.... cause that's how I roll.

And yet another great track on here is "Toxika" by The Plastic People … Prague (aka The Plastic People Of The Universe). If you are unfamiliar with the awesome band from Prauge you MUST do your research. They are somewhat like Gong... only not at all. Search them out, and after you have listened to enough you might agree with me.

Track Listing;
1
San José Car Muzak - Der Plan


from 1980 LP Geri Reig
2
Summertime Blues - The Flying Lizards


from 1979 LP The Flying Lizards
3
Diamorphoses II - Iannis Xenakis


from 1972 LP Electro-Acoustic Music
4
Jazzi Jazzi/Der Geier Fliegt Vorbei - Tomorrow's Gift


from 1973 LP Goodbye Future
5
Lucifer - Dies Irae


from the 1971 LP First
6
Blue Sun - Blue Sun


from 1971 LP Blue Sun
7
Nirvana For Mice - Henry Cow


from 1973 LP The Henry Cow Legend
8
Rrose Sélavy - Juan Hidalgo


from 1977 LP Rrose Sélavy
9
Toxika - The Plastic People … Prague


from 1978 LP Egon Bondy's Happy Hearts Club Banned
10
Rock N' Roll - Whitehouse
11
from 1980 LP Birthdeath Experience

Get it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment